Student I.D. must be presented to borrow library materials and sign out English Resources.
- Fiction - Non-fiction: 3 week loan; Selected material: overnight loan. Maximum 5 items per student at any time
- Reference books: over-night loan only.
- Overdue materials: Students who have overdue library materials will not be allowed to borrow additional items.
- Lost materials: Students will be responsible for replacement cost of lost library materials.
Food & Beverages
No food or beverages are permitted into the library at anytime.
Cell phone use is not permitted in the library at any time.
All books are circulated for a three week loan period. The library charges the replacement cost for each book not returned. Students with overdue books will not be permitted to sign out any others, until their overdue material has been returned.
Students are permitted to check out a maximum of five books from the circulating collection at any one time.
Use of the Library
The library space is primarily quiet study space and students should respect the needs of others who require a quiet area to work. It is expected that those using the library space will respect others desire to do work as well and keep from disturbing them.
Library Computer Use
The computers in the library are for the use of students and staff of Lindsay Thurber high school. Priority use of computers is as follows:
- Classes that have been booked by teachers to use the lab space
- Individuals sent by teachers to complete assignments. Teachers must call the library to inform staff when they are sending down students
- Individuals completing assignments during their spares
If there are still computers available after these priorities are met, students may use computers for individual purposes as long as they do not infringe on Lindsay Thurber’s acceptable use policy for technology. Students should be aware that all work done on school computers can be monitored by the Library staff.
Library Computer Rules:
“GAMING” is only permitted on computers #32- 42 on the far west wall, next to the library classroom. There is “NO GAMING” permitted on computers #25-33 or 43-45.
Violation of these rules will result in a loss of privileges for using the library computers and a referral to administration.
Personally Owned Devices
Students are encouraged to bring their own personal devices (iPod, iPad, Laptop, Netbooks) to school to access the school wireless which is available in the library. Students are reminded that they may not disturb others so bringing their own earbuds or ear phones is a must. Ear phones are not provided in the library.