Below is a list of opportunites that exist for students. Information on these and many other opportunities is available in the Career Centre.
- Rotary Youth Exchanges - 15-19 years of age, short-term or long-term exchanges and other Rotary Leadership Opportunities
- House of Commons Page Program - graduating grade 12 students who plan to attend a post-secondary institution in the National Capital Region.
- Forum For Young Canadians - for any high school students 15 to 19 years of age.
- Health Sciences Career Camp - summer program for students in grade 11
- Encounters With Canada - students 14 to 17 years of age, 4 spots are available for students from Lindsay Thurber at a subsidized rate. Preference for these spots is given to students entering their grade 11 year. You MUST apply through the Career Centre.
- Heritage Youth Researcher Summer Program - current grade 11 students may apply with an average of 85% in Math and Science courses.
- Katimavik - This program has resently been re-instated. Please feel free to check out their website on how you can get involved to have this program
- Study and Go Abroad - Admission to the fair is FREE and you can register on the day or in advance @ www.studyandgoabroad.com All the details are on their website!!
- Blyth International - combines exciting and unique travel porgrams with world-class high-school faculty to foster profound learning in an immersive international environment. Over 20 exciting and unique experiences across 30 countries available to students in March Break and Summer International Community Service Programs. Financial Aid is available, but deadlines apply.
- Projects Abroad - goal is to provide stduents with the opportunity to live and work in developing countries in a way that is both convenient and safe for the students and positive for the countries themselves. This organization sends volunteers ages 16 and up to 29 countries to do over 150 different unpaid internships and service projects for as little as 2 weeks or up to a year. They provide meaningful work, overseas support nd a flexible timeline.